Federal Graduate PLUS Loans are federally sponsored loans for students attending graduate school. The Grad PLUS loan allows students to borrow up to the full cost of education, less other financial aid received including Federal Stafford loans. Graduate students should utilize their Federal Stafford loan eligibility before applying for a Federal Graduate PLUS loan. To qualify for a Graduate PLUS loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must submit an ETS Federal Loan Application to the office of financial aid at Erskine Theological Seminary. Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete the Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan Application and the Federal Grad PLUS Master Promissory Note.
- If you are a first-time Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan borrower then you must complete Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (as defined by the federal government).
- A credit check is required.
In addition to completing the financial aid application and FAFSA, new students must complete the following step.