Erskine Theological Seminary participates in government loan programs to make funds available to students whose personal resources are not sufficient to pay for graduate studies. To qualify for a Federal Stafford Loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must submit an ETS Federal Loan Application to the office of financial aid at Erskine Theological Seminary. Go towww.studentloans.gov and complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Application and the Federal Master Promissory Note, and complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- If you are a first-time Stafford Loan borrower or Direct Graduate PLUS Loan borrower then you must completeEntrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (as defined by the federal government).
- You must certify that you do not owe a refund on any grant, are not in default on any student loan, and have not borrowed in excess of the loan limits under the Title IV programs, at any institution.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree. Students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for an interest-free loan called the Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan.
Effective 7/1/12 Graduate or Professional Students are only eligible to receive the Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan. A graduate student is eligible to borrow up to $20,500 per academic year in Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.