Scholarship awards are made possible through the generosity of loyal contributors to the seminary. Erskine reserves the right to change a student’s award letter depending upon the receipt of additional institutional or outside scholarships, grants, and awards with specific endowment funds as needed. These scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for the academic year to students who meet the following requirements:
- Students must complete and submit an ETS Scholarship application each academic year by the April 15 deadline
- Students must submit a “Letter of Good Standing”
- Students must submit all documentation required to become eligible (see application for instructions)
- Students must be enrolled in a degree program at least half-time (6 hours per term for master level students, and 3 hours per term for D.Min and Th.M students).
- Students must register for courses by the official registration deadline each semester or term
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by their degree requirements
Students who drop a course(s) (prior to the drop/add deadline) or withdraw from a course(s) (after the drop/add deadline, but prior to the end of the semester) will lose their institutional scholarship for that course(s). The awards will be revoked and the students may be required to repay all or a portion of their institutional scholarship.
Erskine Theological Seminary scholarship funds are listed in an Appendix to the catalog, p. 113.
Institutional Refund & Repayment Policy
Tuition will be refunded on a pro rata basis for the time in attendance up to a maximum of 50% of elapsed instructional time. Students who remain enrolled in the Seminary but withdraw from one or more courses prior to the drop/add deadline, will receive a full refund of tuition and fees.
Students who remain enrolled, but withdraw from one or more courses after the drop/add deadline, will receive a refund of tuition and fees based upon the date that the completed and signed Official Course Withdrawal Form is received in the Registrar’s Office and in accord with the schedule below:
Instructional Time Elapsed at Time of Withdrawal Refund
- Up through 5% Refund of 95%
- >5% through 10% Refund of 90%
- >10% through 25% Refund of 75%
- >25% through 50% Refund of 50%
- >50% No Refund
No refund for tuition or other fees will be made to students who are required to withdraw for academic or disciplinary reasons (not applicable to GA students).