Steve is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Supervisor (LCMHC-S S7763) and a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) in North Carolina. In the Summer of 2012, Steve started Grace Roads Counseling Center to journey with others on the road toward healing, hope and grace. Steve is married to his wonderful wife, Krista and they both have two incredible children. Krista is a special needs teacher at a local elementary school. Steve is an avid Green Bay Packers fan and owner. (He owns one share of stock in the Packers.) However most of all, Steve loves to talk with people about being God’s beloved child through the gospel of grace.
Education and Credentials
- EdD (biblical spirituality/leadership), Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA (counseling), Covenant Theological Seminary
- MDiv (missions), Reformed Theological Seminary
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor and Supervisor (LCMHC-S)
- Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS)
- Embracing Love: Living on the Other Side of Disconnected Relationships. West Bow Press, 2015.
- Learning to Live in a Grace-Centered Marriage. Dissertation, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2020.
Experience and Ministry
- Counselor, Grace Roads Counseling Center, Charlotte, NC
- Family Addictions Counselor, Anuvia Prevention Center, Charlotte, NC
- Substance Abuse Counselor, Keystone Center, Rock Hill, NC
- Short-term missions in the US and other countries
- Pastoral intern at Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church, Greenville, SC