Dr. Makujina has served Christ’s church in both undergraduate and graduate Christian institutions. Prior to moving to South Carolina, he lived in Minneapolis and taught at Central Baptist Seminary. Since 2007 he has served full and part time as a professor of Biblical Studies at Erskine College and Theological Seminary. He currently teaches fulltime at New Covenant School in Anderson. His academic interests include Hebrew and Greek grammar, the historical books of the Old Testament, and Christian apologetics. A number of his writings have been published in peer-reviewed academic journals and popular magazines.
Education and Credentials
- PhD (hermeneutics and biblical interpretation), Westminster Theological Seminary
- MA (Old Testament and semitic languages), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- “Pudic Revisionisms of Scripture: Revisiting the Heel as a Euphemism in Gen 25, 26 and Hos 12:4,” Biblica 1 (2018).
- “Behold, There Were Twins in Her Womb,” Tyndale Bulletin 68/1 (2017).
- Measuring the Music: Another Look at the Contemporary Christian Music Debate. Religious Affections Ministries, 2016.
- “Male Obstetric Competence in Ancient Israel,” Vetus Testamentum 65 (2015).
Experience and Ministry
- Extensive teaching and research in Old Testament
- Professor of Biblical Studies, Erskine College and Theological Seminary