Dr. Michael A. Milton serves as Distinguished Professor of Missions and Evangelism and the Director of the Master of Divinity Chaplain Ministries program. He has previously served at Erskine Theological Seminary as Provost and the James H. Ragsdale Chair of Missions and Evangelism.
Milton’s life verse is from Philippians 1:6: “Being confident of this, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it unto the day of Jesus Christ.” Or, as Milton puts it in the title of his autobiography, “What God starts, God Completes.”
Education and Credentials
- PhD (theology and religious studies), University of Wales, UK
- DMin, Erskine Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Knox Theological Seminary
- MPA (public administration), University of North Carolina
- Ordained Minister (PCA, ARP)
- Command Chaplain, US Army
- Certified Pastoral Counselor (ACCC), Association of Certified Christian Chaplains
- Certified Chaplain (BCCC), Spiritual Care Association
- From Flanders Fields to the Moviegoer. Wipf and Stock Academic, 2019.
- Foundations of a Moral Government. Fortress Book Service, 2019.
- The Effects of Recent Social Policy Changes on Select U. Army Chaplain Corps Activities and Attitudes. GRIN Verlag Academic, 2018.
- Vocation and Reform in Public Administration. MPA Thesis, University of North Carolina, 2018.
- “So, What are You Doing Here?” GRIN Verlag Academic, 2018.
Experience and Ministry
- Provost and Professor of Missions and Evangelism, Erskine Theological Seminary
- Chancellor, Reformed Theological Seminary
- Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Chattanooga, TN
- Acting President, Knox Theological Seminary, FL
Founder of three churches (Kansas, Georgia, and North Carolina)
Founder, Westminster Academy, Overland Park, KS (now Heritage Christian Academy)
Faculty member, Subject Matter Expert, Preaching, Liturgy, Education, US Army Chaplain Center and School
Command Chaplain, US Military Intelligence Readiness Command