Cynthia Midcalf, PhD, is a licensed Professional Counselor with Substance Abuse Specialty Authorization. She sees patients with a variety of issues, including alcohol or other substance use problems, and also does Department Of Transportation assessments and ADHD testing. Her counseling style is strengths-based and family-oriented and her specialties and areas of expertise include: Anxiety and Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, PTSD, Abuse, Victimization & Trauma Issues, Adolescent Substance Abuse treatment, and many more.
Education and Credentials
- PhD, Psychology (clinical emphasis), Capella University
- MSEd (special education), University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- MAT, Oakland University
- Extensive teaching and counseling experience
- Relationship of Early Use of Alcohol to Women’s Adult Life Circumstances. Dissertation, Capella University, 2012.
Experience and Ministry
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Bob Jones University
- Counselor, Rivertree Counseling, Brookfield, WI