Dr. Adamson believes Christian higher education has a calling distinct from secular education, going beyond imparting the knowledge needed for pursuit of a career. “It has the additional goal of enabling students to understand the biblical foundations of such ideas as goodness, justice, truth, and beauty,” he says.
At Arizona Christian University, in addition to teaching apologetics, church history, and humanities, Adamson served as chief academic officer for all educational plans, programs, and operations, overseeing and managing academics, athletics, enrollment, information technology, marketing, operations, and student life.
“I can say without hesitation that my wife Von and I consider the presidency of Erskine College to be the career opportunity of a lifetime,” Adamson said. “We both look forward to serving our Lord and Savior in this endeavor.”
- PhD (theology), University of Aberdeen, UK
- MDiv, Sangre de Cristo Seminary
- Operations Research (ABD), George Washington University
- MSc (mathematics), University of Nebraska
- The Apologetics of Thomas Chalmers. Whitfield Media, 2015.
- “How to prepare students for a post-modern culture,” presentation at the TRACS Annual Conference, October 2015.
- “Book Review – C.S. Lewis and the New Atheists.” Haddington House Journal, 2015.
- Extensive teaching in apologetics, church history, and theology
- Lead the start of The Bible Seminary in Katy, TX
- Two years pulpit supply minister in the Free Church of Scotland
- Assisted numerous congregations to work through church linkage issues