To apply for financial aid, students must complete the following steps:
- Download and complete the Financial Aid Application – Planning Your Finances at Erskine Theological Seminary
- Scan and upload the completed Financial Aid Application here.
- Financial aid awards are not renewed automatically and may vary from year to year due to changes in your resources or expenses, increased overall demands on the financial aid budget, or changes in institutional or federal financial aid policy.
- For Federal Stafford Loan, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Erskine’s federal school code is E00177. If you are applying for the Stafford loan, you are also required to renew your Master Promissory Note each academic year. If you are a first-time borrower, you will need to do Entrance Counseling as well.
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loans are federally sponsored loans for students attending graduate school. You must complete a Federal Graduate Loan PLUS application. On the same website, complete the Federal Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note and the Entrance Counseling.
- Only students enrolled in a degree program are eligible for federal or institutional aid.
Erskine Theological Seminary offers student employment during the academic year to qualified applicants until all positions are filled. Any student enrolled half-time in a given semester is eligible to apply. Applications may be secured from and should be submitted to the Financial Aid office, Belk Hall 203. Retention of a student worker is contingent upon the successful performance of assigned duties, satisfactory academic progress, and the needs of the Seminary.
Through the generosity of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and other loyal contributors, the Seminary provides substantial scholarships to students from other denominations and organizations. Such aid is available to all degree-seeking students on the basis of demonstrated need, academic record, and the potential for church service. Students receiving denominational scholarships must be in good standing with their church, presbytery, or judicatory. Additional assistance is provided through student employment, if applicable.
To learn more about the available Institutional Scholarships click here.
International students are eligible for institutional scholarships. Students admitted to the Seminary on an F-1 student visa are not eligible for federal loans, and work opportunities are limited by the terms of their visa. International students may be eligible to apply for student employment if they qualify for the position and have a social security number.
Military Tuition Assistance
Students serving on active duty in the military may be eligible for tuition assistance. To determine eligibility requirements, contact your local Education Center. Tuition assistance forms must be submitted to the College Finance Division, ATTN: Amanda Taylor (email@example.com) each semester prior to enrollment.
If you are an eligible veteran, you are encouraged to apply for Veteran’s Education Benefits. You should contact your local VA representative or visit www.gibill.va.gov/ for information and applications.
For more information:
Contact: Amanda Taylor, Director of Financial Aid