To apply for financial aid, students must complete the following steps:
- Download and complete the ETS Financial Aid Application(s)
Applications are located on this page under the heading “Forms and Links”.
- Financial aid awards are not renewed automatically and may vary from year to year due to changes in a student’s resources or expenses, increased overall demands on the financial aid budget, or changes in institutional or federal financial aid policy. Therefore, the deadline to apply each year for returning students is April 15.
- Student’s applying for the Federal Direct Stafford Loan are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our federal school code is E00177. Students must include our federal school code (E00177) for our office to receive your FAFSA.
- Students applying for FDSL are also required to renew their Master Promissory note each new academic year. If it is your first time taking out FDSL, you will need to do Entrance Counseling as well.
- Beginning 2013-14, graduate or professional students are no longer eligible to receive federal subsidized loans.
- When completing the FAFSA for the ETS Need-based Grant only, please use the new IRS Data Retrieval function. By doing so, students are not required to mail your Federal Tax documentation or W2’s to our office for Verification. The Department of Education will now link this information to your FAFSA.
- Students not in a degree program are not eligible for federal or institutional aid.
Erskine Theological Seminary offers student employment positions during the academic year to qualified applicants until all positions are filled. Any student enrolled half-time in a given semester is eligible to apply. Applications may be secured from, and should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office, Belk Hall 203. Retention of a student associate position is contingent upon the successful performance of assigned duties, satisfactory academic progress, and the needs of the Seminary.
To learn more about the available Institutional Scholarships click here.
International students are eligible for institutional scholarships. Students admitted to the seminary on an F-1 Student Visa are not eligible for federal loans, and work opportunities are limited by the terms of their visa. International students may be eligible to apply for student employment if they qualify for the position and have a social security number.
Military Tuition Assistance
Students serving on active duty orders in the military may be eligible for tuition assistance. To determine eligibility requirements, contact your local Education Center. Tuition assistance forms must be submitted to the College Business Office ATTN: Christian Habeger (Habeger@erskine.edu) each semester prior to enrollment.
If you are an eligible veteran, you are encouraged to apply for Veteran’s Education Benefits. You should contact your local VA representative or visit www.gibill.va.gov/ for information and applications.
For more information, contact:
Jordan P. Turner
Financial Aid Coordinator