Dr. David Smith is pastor of Covenant Fellowship ARP Church in Greensboro, North Carolina. He and his wife, Tracy, are the parents of three young adults: Gresham (19), Isaac (16), and Katherine (15). Dr. Smith has served on various committees within First and Grace presbyteries, and recently served on the Erskine Board of Trustees. He received his M.Div. from Covenant Seminary (1995) and did his Ph.D. at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (2008) under John Woodbridge. His dissertation, B. B. Warfield’s Scientifically Constructive Theological Scholarship is published in the Evangelical Theological Society Monograph Series.
Education and Credentials
- PhD (historical theology), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MDiv, Covenant Seminary
- Ordained Minister (ARP)
- “Echoes, Mirrors and the Epistemic Condition: Old Princeton and Historiography in American Christian Higher Education,” presentation at Conference on Faith and History, Regent College, 2016.
- B. Warfield’s Scientifically Constructive Theological Scholarship, Pickwick Publications, 2011.
- Old School, New Clothes: The Cultural Blindness of Christian Education (co-author), Wipf & Stock, 2011.
Experience and Ministry
- Pastor, Covenant Fellowship Church (ARP), Greensboro, NC
- Officer, Grace Presbytery and First Presbytery (ARP)
- Trustee, Erskine College and Theological Seminary