The mission of Erskine Seminary is “to educate persons for service in the Christian Church.” To that end, the Admissions Office of Erskine Seminary seeks to recruit qualified students called by God and their church to serve effectively in a variety of Church ministries and services locally and globally.
The following are required of master’s-level applicants seeking admission to Erskine Theological Seminary:
- Completion of an application form for the program for which you seek admission.
- Submission of a $35.00 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submission of official college transcripts from an accredited institution reflecting a 2.5 grade point average for full admission. Provisional
- Admission may be granted for students with less than a 2.5 GPA.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation evaluating your character and potential to engage in ministry. The two recommendations need to be completed on your behalf by your home church’s ordained minister or an ordained minister from one of the churches in which you have recently worked; by a college professor or a supervisor; and by a layperson from your church.
- Submission of a two-page essay stating why you would like to pursue a seminary education.
Admission Procedures for the Th.M. and D.Min. Programs:
Complete steps 1-4 above. Submit a 600 word statement reviewing your achievements, strengths, and weaknesses in ministry, and explaining how the program will contribute to your competence in ministry and service to the church. Advanced degree students must submit an example of their academic writing from a previous Master’s program (at least 10 pages, double spaced, with footnotes and bibliography formatted properly).
For admission to advanced degree programs you must ordinarily have at least three years of full time ministerial experience after completion of the Master of Divinity program. If you have less than three years of experience you will need to provide additional information about your ministry experience and qualifications to pursue an advanced degree