Dr. Schwab worked as an engineer before pursuing theological studies and has served as a counselor as well as a scholar. His “real world” experience, approachableness, and creativity shape his teaching. He is the author of several books on Old Testament topics. He serves as a minister in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Education and Credentials
- PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Westminster Theological Seminary
- Certificate in Biblical Counseling
- Teaching elder (EPC)
- “Hosea.” ESV Expository Commentary – Daniel–Malachi. Crossway, 2018.
- “Ruth.” The Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Numbers–Ruth. Zondervan, 2012.
- Right In Their Own Eyes: The Gospel According to Judges. P&R Publishing, 2011.
- “The Book of Proverbs.” Cornerstone Biblical Commentary. Tyndale House, 2009.
Experience and Ministry
- Professor of Old Testament, Erskine Theological Seminary
- Adjunct professor, Center for Urban Theological Studies
- Counselor, Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation
- Deacon, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA